Monday 19 August 2013

History! Bosworth Battlefield Re-enactment 2013.

I'm a history buff, most of what I read and watch for pleasure is historical in nature. I've always been interested in the medieval/tudor/elizabethan eras and that was a large part in my decision making for taking A200 this year.

Although I live in Leicestershire I had never been to see the Battle of Bosworth site, although it was always on my to-do list. With the A200 start date looming I couldn't resist the Re-enactment weekend so off we went.

It was a great day, my children enjoyed all of the events and although the weaponry was a little loud for them, I think they enjoyed it all the more because of it.

An interesting point for me was hearing the crowd react to Henry and Richard. Previously I'm pretty sure Richard would normally have been booed for his historical reputation, yet the crowd reacted very favourably to him yesterday and there were lots of theatrical boos for both the Stanley's and Henry's actions on the field.

I took (a lot) of photos which I popped up on flickr if you want a look.



I think I'm going to go back to the site sometime in the next couple of months so I can do the trail walk and look round the visitor's centre without having to entertain the small people.

No comments:

Post a Comment